Take Private Percussion Lessons
Percussion instruments are the foundation of most musical genres. Percussion includes any instrument that makes a sound when it is hit, shaken, or scraped. In essence, they keep the rhythm, make special sounds and add excitement and color. Consequently, private percussion lessons are one of SJG’s most popular offering.
Private percussion lessons includes any of the following instruments:
- Vibraphone (shown in the video below) , Xylophone, Marimba
- Hand drums (e.g. Conga, Bongos, Djembe, Cajon, etc.)
- Cymbals, Triangle and Gong
- Drum Kit (includes Snare, Bass, Tom, etc.)
- Shakers (e.g. Maracas, Rattles, Rain Sticks, Egg Shakers, etc.)
- and more
Because of the variety of instruments, many student percussionists learn and play multiple instruments within the percussion family.
No matter what your interest is in percussion, SJG’s private percussion instructors will support your development with excellent teaching covering topics of technique, note reading, rhythm, theory and more. All ages and abilities are welcomed.
Private percussion lessons at SJG will equip you to play for enjoyment and performance. Need more info? Watch the video of one of SJG percussion and drum students. Then, sign up for a free private percussion lesson to discover more.
At your free percussion lesson, you will:
- meet the percussion teacher
- get a basic skills assessment
- learn some fundamentals about playing percussion instruments
- be able to make an informed decision about the type of music education you will receive at SJG School of Music.
Sign up for a Free Percussion Lesson
Of course, this is a no-risk, no obligation offer. Simply fill out the form below to express your interest. One of our percussion teachers will contact you to schedule your free lesson.
Interested in Private or Group Drum Lessons?
SJG School of Music also provides private and group lessons at convenient locations throughout San Jose and Campbell. See our current offerings by clicking the buttons below.